Alan mentioned to me this morning that it had been a while since we had posted anything. So much for our resolution to be more active this year, we really need to remember to write more!
So here I am, attempting to be better(ish) about posting.
The weather here in Argeles-sur-Mer has been beyond beautiful. Our days have lulled into our casual summer routine. Below is an outline of a normal day, though it is also sale season so we have spent a few days recently in Perpignan refreshing our summer wardrobes. Saturdays always include a trip to the open-air market for veggies and visiting with friends; and always include a stop for coffee afterwards! We really do LOVE the cafe culture in France!
- Up by 8 a.m.
- 8 – 9 a.m. Coffee and a sudoku puzzle for me, tea for Alan while keeping up with his multiple news sources, usually on the balcony, but sometimes on the terrace
- 9 – 9:30 a.m. walk the dogs
- 10 a.m. stop for cafe and croissant
- 10:30 – 11-ish make breakfast for us and the dogs
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. reading/coloring for me, nap with the dogs for Alan
- 1 – 2-ish p.m. time for a swim before lunch
- 2 – 3 p.m. lunch on the terrace
- 3 – 6 p.m. more reading for both of us
- 6 p.m. reading for Alan, dinner prep/cooking for me
- 7 – 8 p.m. dinner on the terrace
- 8 p.m. dinner clean up for Alan/relaxing on the balcony for me
- 8:30 – 9-ish p.m. walk the dogs
- 9:30 – 10-ish p.m. stop for an evening aperitif
- 10 – 11 p.m. listen to music from Centre Plage while having a glass of wine on the balcony
- 11-ish p.m. bed
We have been WAY too busy to break out the computer! 🙂 There has been much happening in the last couple of months so we will start getting things posted shortly!
2 thoughts on “What we’ve been up to . . .”
Hi Alan & Tracy! I just finished reading through all of your blogs [I think] about life in the South of France. I also follow Bob & Bill’s blogs about same, and hope to meet the guys this fall.
We are expats, currently living in South America, and considering a move to France. We are wondering if you’ve had to pay any French income tax to yet? I don’t mean to be too personal, and do not care how much; only IF, as this is an important consideration for us in contemplating this move.
Thanks for all the help your blog has been to us!
Debi & David
I hope that the information I sent was helpful. We look forward to getting to know the two of you better. Be sure to stay in touch, especially after your move! Take care. Tracy